View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #9
sugarmamma
Donating YT 18K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriPeri10 View Post
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and for the advice!

He is a really hyper pup, but the thing is, he wants to eat all the time. I think I have to draw a line with him. Reading all the comments, I'll start feeding him three times a day. The portions that we give him are already higher than recommended, so I think I'll leave it at that.

His anxiety to eat all the time (and his desperation when he spots that one of us has finally taken out the bag of dog food to feed him) was starting to make me worry we weren't feeding him enough, so I hope this new diet will get rid of that a bit. I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

I feed my 3# Sugar 1/4 of a cup to almost 1/2 a cup per day depending on her activity level. If your pup is over 5 # and GROWING, you may want to increase this amount. Especially if it is the case(like it sounds) that he has been eating this same amount for a while now. Maybe supplement by adding fresh cooked veggies to his food. Or raw carrots or apple bits as a snack. I think most breeders would agree that you should free feed until a year old at least.

He really does sound hungry to me from what you describe.

Last edited by sugarmamma; 02-13-2011 at 05:47 AM.
sugarmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!