View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
TXGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New to Yorkie Talk! An Introduction

Hello everyone,
I would like to introduce myself. First let me say that I have been "lurking" (for the lack of a better word) on YT for 2 or 3 months, and I finally decided to become a member. I must say that I feel like I already know many of you. I have laughed and cried numerous times with all of you. You may be wondering why I haven't joined before now. Well, the reason is that I am not yet a Yorkie owner and didn't know if I should register yet since I don't know exactly when we will get our Yorkie.

In September of this year, we lost our "Maggie", our 13 year old Cairn Terrier (cousin to the yorkie). It was more devastating than I could have possibly imagined. She was the sweetest dog ever and meant more to me than I even realized. I proclaimed that I would "never get another dog". Well that lasted about 2-3 weeks, and then my husband and I knew that our home would not be complete without another furbaby. We are currently re-doing some of the floors in our house and want to wait until the "construction" is complete before bringing a puppy into the house. So we wait, and wait, and wait... The waiting is true is agony...

Well, that's pretty much our story, but I just felt compelled to join in with you ladies (and gentlemen). I just couldn't take not being a part of this group any longer. I can already tell what a great group of people you are. Thanks for sharing all of your stories. I hope to be able to share my own very soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!