View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
LaLaLibby
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default First time Yorkie Owners:)

Hello to Everyone! My name is Libby and I'm new to YorkieTalk. I recently got a new puppy for Christmas. She was a gift from my boyfriend and I absolutely love her!! We got her at about 8 weeks old and today she is 13 weeks old. This is our first pet together and as first time "doggie" parents we are full of questions. Each time I goggled a question this forum would pop up. I loved reading all the stories and advice from other Yorkie owners so I decided to join.

Housebreaking has been going well the only thing is she likes to eat her poop We're working on that We live in Northwest Arkansas and we just got hit with 20 inches of snow.. So haven't been able to go on any walks for about a week now! Any advice for keeping her entertainted indoors??

Also she likes to nip on our hands when she gets really excited. I say no & then ignore her if she continues but she just has a mind of her own and in that state of rowdiness she just doesn't listen. Will this get better as she gets older? I know she understands the word no too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!