View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Exclamation OMG'sh, I think I know why!

I'm not very plant savvy, so when I looked up anything that might be poisonous to pups, I put in Rose of Sharon, because I knew it as this, and not hibiscus, so it didn't show up in the poisonous list...Now that Apple is feeling better, and going outside, she's running around the Rose of Sharon trying to pick up seed shells, that I guess the squirrels have left behind...They're toxic! I've already cut back all the branches w/seeds, on them and thrown them away, and have fenced off an area, around the bush w/an x-pen...As soon as I can, I'll hire someone to dig it up...In the meantime, I'm going nuts, trying to figure out how to get any, possibly, blown seeds out of the yard? She has always hung out, around that Rose of Sharon, but I never knew why, I thought it might be bird or squirrel poop?...I can't believe she's lived here, all her 2 1/2 yrs., and not gotten sick, before now...I'm almost betting the seeds of the Rose of Sharon caused her to have the HGE! I am just sick I didn't know this, but I do now...Don't plant Rose of Sharon or any kind of Hibiscus where your pups may be!
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!