View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #14
gaijingirl
YT Addict

Ok...this is a little late posting on this thread, but I just saw this and have to comment.
I'm a HUGE couponer. Honestly, it's not unusual for me to end up paying only tax on things. Literally, I can get $100 worth of stuff for $1 sometimes and then get rebates that let me end up profiting on my purchase! Some weeks are better than others, depending on the ads/coupon match ups. There are so many sites out there that make it so easy to do things. They've already matched the store sale ad with coupons and then you just have to go out there and organize your stuff to take to the store!

I know on the one forum I look at there have been threads where a lot of the stay-at-home moms on there say that they feel like they have been able to stop working part time and stay home with their kids and coupon seriously and they end up saving more than they made...plus say home with their kids.
It takes a little time to get organized (more for some people...like me who are easily distracted or have a crazy little dog who constantly wants to play, play, play) and it takes a little time to build up your stockpile so you can get to the point that you are only buying the basic perishables and everything else you get for free or as close to free as possible. There are some things I know I don't ever have to pay for (toothpaste, for example, is always free). And never underestimate the drug stores....they are a great way to get free things with coupons!

Here are some sites to get started:

hotcouponworld.com (huge forum, lots of national stores listed to match coupons with).

hip2save.com

freestufftimes.com

southernsavers.com

There are some good store specific ones too, if you have them in your area:
iheartwags.com
iheartcvs.com
iheartriteaid.com
iheartkroger.com
iheartpublix.com

P.S. Wal-Mart is the worst with coupons and you'll end up paying too much compared to shopping at drug stores and grocery stores! Almost every couponer will say tell you this.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested get started! Any effort that it takes is worth it! Trust me! Honestly, I could be the richest person in the world and I would still coupon because I wouldn't be able to stand paying for things that I know I could get for free! (When you walk out paying pennies what normally would have cost $$ you will feel like you have just won the lottery)! Plus, it's more fun to take the money you would have spent and buy something more fun anyway.

Also, to the OP: I saw you're in Canada which, unfortunately, Canada is not good for coupons at all I'm Canadian also and every time I go home it KILLS me to not be able to get a decent deal on anything.

Last edited by gaijingirl; 02-05-2011 at 01:50 AM.
gaijingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!