View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Wabbit
Love my little flowers
Donating Member

Smile

I've learned it's really important not to let your little one hide, run away from things or situations that scare them... or pet them while they are fearful......because that does eventually foster aggression!!.....

My sisters dog was allowed to run to her bed...or her dog carrier...and hide every time she was frightened....then they would try to sooth her by petting her in this fearful state....

SO eventually she got so worked up she bit my Daizy right thru her eye...when Daizy came near her in this fearful state...(thank goodness her tooth just went into Daizy's tear ducts...Vet gave us salve..she is fine)

BUT we knew we had to start addressing her issues......so we removed EVERY bed, carrier...and hiding place that we could...exposed her to her fears....and new experiences....we didn't let her run away....(we did it a little bit at a time over several months).........also her family stopped petting Blossom when she was fearful and shaking.....it really did work...

Now her Blossom is the most loving balanced dog! I couldn't imagine her ever biting one of my babies now!
RIP Honey Rose & Jasmine
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!