View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

It is hard to see a wee pup shaking from fright. What I have done, and this was with a 7mth black russian pup; she was terrified of her first exposure to fire crackers, she was out in backyard with dh, and after that loud bang, ran pell mell to garden door, I let her in and she ran underneath a chair in the garden room. I've never seen eyes so big,and surrounded by so much white. I called our other dogs into the room, I sat down in the chair next to her, and called the dogs to my feet. I just calmly talked to the other two, turned the TV on, and then she came out and laid at my feet, I gave a few pets, then just chatted with the dogs. When her quivering had stopped, I walked up to kitchen and everyone got some treats.

We have worked with loud sounds since then; like banging a lid onto a pot when in the kitchen (reassuring cooking smells is coupled with nasty bang sound), in backyard when bbqing, dropping the lid down (loudly). Lawn mower, etc.

She stills startles to thoses sounds, but only a bit and doesn't shake or quiver. Firecrackers when she is in the house is a little harder, she will shake for a bit, and outside she will try to bolt for home, but it is getting better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!