View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

A few things...
1) Where are you keeping her den?? If it is in a closed off space, she is going to whine and cry b/c she wants to be with you, you are her pack.

2) If her den is in a central location, when she cries--ignore her. If she cont to cry when you are trying to get things done, this is what I did and now Reesie (12 week old puppy) will be in his pen with minimal crying. Get a squirt bottle and sit by her pen with it, the moment she lets out a piercing bark, squirt her on the body with the squirt bottle and say "shh" at the same time. I did this all about 5-6 times and now Reesie is quiet in his pen and knows not to go crazy. He does however sometimes still bark and cry if I leave the room, he gets better everyday and I do not do anything when he is barking and I am not there. Sometimes if it gets to be too much, I will sit by his pen with the water bottle and he stops barking immediately. Not the most fun way to train, but is quick and effective.

3) If she is pooping/peeing in her bed, chances are she always will. My Snickers (my 2 yr old) did this forever and we HAD to outdoor train him and now he knows of course to only go outside. He will once in a while poop in the house as he is not good at holding it, we never get mad b/c poor guy has to go!!!!!

4) If you feel the pads are the best for her, try washable pads. They cant rip them up and they are better for the environment and can be used for a few days before needing washing. Reesie came to me very well pad trained, goes on pas about 75% of the time. We started outdoor training yesterday as many told me that if we indoor train him, he will never learn to go outside and I was going to transition him to outdoor this spring but now am no longer waiting. The washable pads are AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!! My problem is that my Snickers is not accepting Reesie, but it's only been a week so I have tons of hope!!!!!!!

Hugs-
Vivian
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!