View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
Bentley&BitsysMom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Bitsy's Pups question?

I was wondering, I have to take Bitsy's six pups to the vet today or tomorrow for tail docking (been reading up on that thread) and to have their dew claws removed. Does anyone know anything about the dew claws and if I should or shouldn't have them removed. I am only considering it because I've read so many places that it's what you do with yorkie pups, dock their tales and remove dew claws. I was also thinking about leaving the tails long on the girls (my girl has a long beautiful tail, and having the boys tails docked (my boys tail is docked). I think it's pretty and looks cute on the girls to have a long tail and my boy Bentley is cute with a short docked tail, but maybe it's just cause I'm used to them that way. I worry that if I don't have ALL the pups tails docked, no one will want the pups (girls) that are undocked. I'm trying to decide what to do on both issues and I have to decide fast!!! because "they say" it's supposed to be done when they are 3 to 5 days old. Anyones expertise or opinion would be greatly appreciated!!!

I did ask this question on the "Just Curious" thread about the tail docking but I think it may have gotten burried. I keep checking it but no one has responded
Bentley&BitsysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!