View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Baby Princess
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Spaying and tooth removal

Hi Everyone! I just got my new puppy 3 days ago, her name is Princess Cloe and she is 2lb 14oz and 5 months old. Today I took her to the vet. for a general check up and to check her blood for hypoglycemia since she all of a sudden stopped eating. Every thing turned out well she's okay.

I asked my new vet. about spaying her at 7 months since she still has her baby teeth and I would like to see if her adult teeth come in right. Her response was very strange to me since she preferred to have Princess spayed even before her adult teeth came out.

I'm concerned about the anaesthesia and would prefer to wait until her adult teeth came out should she need to have surgery for them, and have the two procedures performed at the same time. Am I wrong to think this?
Also, she said that we needed to give Princess her rabies shot soon. I thought the rabies shot was given at 1 year of age?

Can anyone help me understand this all, she's my first puppy in many years and I don't want to be overly concerned, but she's now my baby!
Baby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!