View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #29
joeys mom
YT Addict

While reading a thread "My baby is missing and I don't know what to do" I also found myself thinking, "that would never happen to me" about 3 mths later, I was going to bath Joey, and while brushing him and removing his collar, I looked out the window and it was a pretty day, (in winter with snow) I though I should let him enjoy the sunshine and let him go potty... I let him out and went to put the towels in the dryer to warm, went back out for him and he was gone...After checking the fence 5 times and posting signs, calling hubby and putting it on the radio, I went around the fence for the 6th time and found a 3-4" gap where the fence met the bbq wall and he could have slipped thru it...He was gone for 4 hours but went deer hunting to the pasture field over the hill from our home..He looked a mess, he had 4 inches of snow around his matted feet and looked a total mess..you would think no one ever cared for the little guy,,,yes, he needed his bath but was not in bad shape and had just been brushed before leaving..so their condition can change quickly...If I found one that looked like him,,I would be thinking no one cared for him..But truth is I would still be out there looking for him with the flashlight knocking on every door until I did..and they can travel so far so quickly..that is why I would phone the shelters, vets, groomers etc..this little guy is now 2 years old and still the love of my life....
joeys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!