View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #152
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalmaja07 View Post
I just read your post and was wondering. My boy is AKC n is 12.4 lbs and was suppose to be only 5-8lbs and remain black n brown. He is now blue (silver) n tan. My girl is 11.2 lbs n we rescued her and she is CKC purebred and awaiting her AKC status. My question is when I got my boy at 8 weeks he weight 3lbs, and my puppies now will be 6 weeks in 2 days and are half his size. According to my AKC papers his parents are black and brown. So was wondering how I can tell what size my pups are going to be at adults and if their color will change. I am new to all this and hopefully not attacked like some on here, just wanted to see. Thank you. I NEVER had a dog before my Kalix and was upset that I got scammed, but would not trade him for anything, n the girl is so perfect she is my lover. If I could keep one of their babies n they would stay 5-8lbs I would have my perfect family. If not it's okay I only mated them for family and friends, and really don't want to be scammed again, and who knows as a baby I couldn't tell, but I guess my 1st clue was if he was 3lbs at 8 weeks he was going to be big. My girls were 5-6oz at birth n my only boy was 4oz. Thank you.
I understand your confusion. But, I'll try to explain a few things. I don't really think you you were scammed. You may have been told that your dog was going to be such and such at full growth. But, in the yorkie breed the only thing that you can guarantee is they'll make a liar out of you everytime.

It's been stated throughout this thread that breeding this breed is very difficult and much studying is necessary prior to breeding. After studying you must begin your breeding program with established well bred lines.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!