View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastellaequi View Post
I did speak with Poppy's owner she said she came home and found he had passed after having a seizure but says she doesn't know what caused it. She also said owners of dogs which are Pancho's siblings were sick or had passed due to kidney problems, so I don't know what to make of it. Pancho has been screened for just about everything, but I dont know if there is something specific I should be doing or if there are signs dogs show when they have kidney problems.
If your concerned about kidney problems you could have blood work done. Some of the numbers indicating a problem are usually the BUN and creatinine numbers will climb. Usually a person doesn't know their pup has a problem until they notice the pup drinking and urinating excessively and losing weight,also the urine has little or no color to it. Usually by this time the kidneys have lost approx. seventy five percent of their function....

If you have already had your pup screened for everything then this would have been one of the tests included in most blood work....I hope your pup is well and remains so....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!