View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #34
Sweetlips6
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I have trouble with this too. One thing that can help is diet. If the poop comes out fast, it will fall off as soon as the dog stands up.

I've tried to implement a system where Thor only gets a treat if the poop is on the pad, with mixed success. He understands now that poop off the pad isn't good, and sometimes he'll squat for a couple extra seconds. But every so often, nothing but a good long poop stroll will do.

To the OP: you said you suffer from anxiety. Dogs are GREAT for that. Is it possible that your husbands words are hitting you a little harder than he intended them? As other people have said, if you feed her at the same time every day, she'll probably need to poop about an hour afterward, and you can make sure to xpen her / have her on the pad at that time. Ideally, you will be able teach her to poop on command. I use the command "BM", again, with limited success.
OH GOODNESS - Bonnie is a poop-walker too I have tried to tell DH that is why poop is in a little "trail". As long as the first part is on the pad, I am happy, because she has the best of intentions. LOL But, I am like you and only treat if the whole bm is on the pad.
The best part is that after she does her business, she runs to me like the poop is after her, so I know to go get it up before DH sees it

It is my observation that the male sex never looks where they are walking. I always try to watch my step, cause stepping in poop would make me say a few choice things too

OP, my husband has been less than thrilled having a dog in the house, also. He was raised thinking that dogs belong outside. We have been married 29 years and have had Bonnie 2 years this month. It took me that long to convince him that I "needed" a pet. He says things and acts like he doesn't really care about her, but everyday when I get home - who do you think is sitting in my DH's lap? Yep, bonding. I think he cares more than he would ever admit.
Sweetlips6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!