Thread: Skunk!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Skunk!!!

Ugh...... our pregnant Aussie, Stormie, was sprayed last night. She must have been right up on that skunk because it got her right on her chest.... you could see a huge yellow circle on her white chest fur. Oh my word did it stink!! I did call my vet just to make double-sure this wouldn't harm the puppies and he didn't even laugh at that question. I told him that I didn't have any tomato juice at home but he said he actually thinks that vinegar/water mixture works better. So my husband scrubbed her chest down with that to get the oily stuff off and then followed up with a Dawn wash. I didn't get close enough to her this morning to get a whiff but am hoping that it's significantly better tonight. Her and her son, Blaze, are outside dogs (we live on quite a few acres) but this weekend we were planning on moving her inside for a full bath and to get settled into her whelping area - puppies are due around the 15th. Now I hope that she doesn't stink up the bathroom when I get her wet again. As I said... UGH!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!