View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

I'm getting back to everyone here: Talked to the vet and yes an injection site "reaction", as is "allergic" - told from here on out to give the different shots in different areas so will know which vaccine the reaction/allergy was.

Spent last night in the vet ER, the little runt girl has a "soft tissue injury" (which equals "they don't know!!) - on her foot, had x-rays to see what was going on. Apparently, her joints, knees, et al., are all good, nor is anything broken. slightly swollen on top. Can squeeze it, no reaction. Vet says she "one tough little pup"

I wasn't home at the time. Hubby and son came in the door, let the pups out of the x-pen (to which they all come charging out, jumping and happy) and within a couple minutes she started yelping and holding her foot up.They didn't see anything/backs were turned. Either she got hurt within those couple minutes (fell trying to jump on couch???) or maybe her big brothers played too hard and chewed on/bit her foot earlier and she bumped it once out of the pen??? Vet gave her pain med and steroids - still hurting today, poor baby, babying her foot - keeping her isolated from the other dogs/per vet recommendation. She doesn't understand why she can't play with them. She has a follow up Friday morn --- If it isn't one thing it's another!!!
Any opinions? I just happened to think tonight...what if she has an infection between her foot pads??? A suppose she could have picked up a sliver or some sort??? Wouldn't the vet have noticed that? I will examine her foot better in the daylight tomorrow. If anyone's heard of something similar let me know. Thanks. And thanks or all the shot theories. I appreciate it very much.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!