View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 AM   #25
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMuedog View Post
Ann, do you think that your sinuses could have something to do with your headaches since they're seasonal? I wonder if you should try a steroid nasal spray or take Sudafed during the different times of year you seem to get the migraines. Didn't know if you had tried that angle... its seemed to help me.

Also, I've found the Maxalt-MLT's work for me when Imitrex and others did not because they dissolve in your mouth and seem to work faster.
I've tried the sprays, but I don't notice anything much (they're prescription sprays). That said, when I tried the sprays..it was more as a 'preventive'...I never tried them directly when I had a bad headache. Hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyJM View Post
I know that you have tried Imitrex, but have you also tried it in the shot form? I started taking Omega 3 with fish oil pills (I take a specific one and amount from GNC). When mine do get really bad, the Imitrex (shot) does help.

I hope you can find something that works for you. Also, I can email you the links that Geoff has found.

Also, have you had any MRIs preformed....just to be on the safe side??
No, I haven't tried the shot! I thought it was just a pill. So, do you have to go to the Doc office when you need the shot, or do you have it at home? A shot may have some potential (excited! ). (yes, anything Geoff has found would be *great*!)

I do take a flax/fish/borage oil every day, without fail. I'm not sure it does anything noticeable, but I think Omegas are so good for us...so I'll be sure to keep taking it.

I had MRIs on the head-scape about 1yr ago exactly and it was mostly normal. A couple things were weird w/ my sinuses, but the ENT said it wasn't all that clinically significant (my sinuses balked a bit at being called insignificant ).

Julie - I actually really love acupuncture...but haven't done it for years. Good idea.

J - Maxalt-MLTs is new to me - thank you! Will check it out.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!