View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I looked at the warnings on Topamax and was frightened by them. I take Zomig for migraines. I usually take half of a 5 mg tablet, and it helps me, but it doesn't completely take them away. The whole pill works better, but I can't stand all of the side effects. It definitely works a lot better if I take it when the migraine is beginning. Once it is out of control, nothing works. Fioricet helped years ago for me, but it gives me a headache now and I don't take it. Stress, lack of sleep, barometric pressure dropping, perfumes and chemicals all make them much worse for me. I am very careful about the cleaning products that I use. I was seeing a neurologist for a while several years ago. She was having me go for physical therapy for my neck and also someone at her office for biofeedback. I found the time of going to these appointments was causing me more stress. I wasn't going to listen much about them telling me to do less work-related things to get more rest, so I stopped going. The FDA has now approved the use of botox for migraines, but that sounds very scary also. I don't have clusters, but my migraines are very frequent and they can last several days a few times a month. I hope you start to feel much better. I know how debilitating they can be, and I'm very sorry you are feeling pain. I can't offer much medication advice, but cuddling with your precious babies might help a little bit. That always helped at least my feeling of well-being.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!