View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Actually your freezer should be very dry, if you put a piece of meat in the freezer it dries out the surface, think of air conditioning, it dry out the air. If you see ice crystals on food, it's from the moisture inside the food or your freezer isn't working property. The freezer is fine, but it's not necessary, unless you are storing for a very long time.
Thank you Nancy. I understand now that some of the moisture I see on things in the freezer is also from opening the door and letting warm air in that immediately condenses. (I never would have made through science classes in HS if it weren't for my lab partners )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
I was thinking of writing one of the premium dog food companies to see wht they said but did a google and a previous Yorkietalk thread came up: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/842851-post14.html It is a pretty detailed response from Innova. Makes sense!

Although they don't recommend freezing, they only mention palatability as the issue. If your dog is liking and eating it after freezing, then that would seem not to be an issue.
Thank you for the link Debra.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!