View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I started Taycie off on Blue Buffalo when she came home. I have had wonderful results with it and it agrees with her stomach.

After reading and doing my on research I decided I wanted to try Acana. I liked the company alot and there philosophy behind their food. Things were fine with her for the first week but as I slowly started replacing her old food with the new, she ended with with chronic diaherra. It got so bad one time we ended up in the vet because she had very mucousy poops. Everything was fine, she just had a severe stomach ache. She did offer suggest trying a prescription diet but I felt if I couldn't get things back to normal going back to BB then I felt I might consider it.

I also have tried The Honest Kitchen, which was my personal favorite, but it ended up doing the same thing. It has very High amounts of flaxseed it it and as a result would clean her little system right out.

Everyone here has there own preference and personal feelings on food. I found out that although what looks good on paper may not look good coming out of your baby.lol.. As a result she is back on the BB and is thriving!..

She does seem to do better with a lower protein food and does better with grains rather then without....So I am sticking with it! Because of her crazy stomach I do have to be so careful with the amount she eats and what kind of treats she gets. If she gets too many treats as a result we have loose poop.

How much are you feeding on Orijen?... I know puppies/dogs that are on this they don't need much because it is a higher protein food.

Good luck! I hope you find what works best for your baby, because in the end that is all that matters

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 01-01-2011 at 07:52 AM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!