View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #220
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Donna he has a beautiful coat. But thank god I don't live near a beach, the sand would dry me crazy!!

Mostly we go to fresh water Lakes, after all I live right on Lake Ontario. But when we went camping to Lake superior (prior Razz) there was a big beach before the water, and oh boy did Magic every accumulate sand in his hair. Every night I had to put him up on the picnic table and brush him all out before bedtime.

We are thinking of PEI next summer, and I'm current looking for a house that has an outside shower, so our day at the beach can end with all pups getting hosed off from the sand. I can't wait to see PEI, it is supposed to be beautiful. Then we will let most air dry (except Razz), and I use an undercoat called muddypaws, this protects their legs and underbellies so when they lay down in the grass or patio they are protected from burrs, sand bugs,etc. I'm just a little concerned for razz's coat I use Plush Puppy SPF for the big dogs, do you use that product for your Yorkies? I'm considering keeping him in his wrapping jacket otherwise. This should give good sun protection except for his top knot. What about if I use the plastic wrapper over the paper one for the top knot? What do you think?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!