Thread: This Is Strange
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

This is one reason why I would strongly discourage people from showing their puppies in their homes (especially in this horrible economy and desperate times for some people) --- In our area people would leave for work, UPS/Fed-ex dropped off holiday packages and people would come up and steal the packages (I don't think they caught who was doing it yet as it was just on our local news yesterday).
What's to keep someone from coming to look at a person's puppies, acting like they're sincere in purchasing one, tell the breeder they'll think about it and get back to them and case their place, learn their schedule and when they leave break in and steal the puppies, not to mention the breeding stock? I'm thinking we're going to start hearing more and more of that sort of thing, especially regarding the small "portable" (read: easy to steal) dogs, like Yorkies that command a high price.
Around here puppies are frequently sold 'on the street' and I don't think anyone would think it wasn't on the up & up (being sold by owner). (no, haven't seen "yorkies" sold on the street, but other dogs)
Times are bad and after reading about all the various scams people here have been through it wouldn't surprise to me learn someone had their puppies/breeding dogs stolen within days of showing them to someone.
As a 'buyer' I certainly would understand someone not wanting to show me their dogs at their home over a safe public place.

Last edited by kjcmsw; 12-26-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: omit
kjcmsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!