View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutething View Post
I have to stop reading the craigslist pets section, but I like seeing the pit rescue and kitty listings. The sweet pictures and wonderful rescue folks out there give me a little bit more hope for the world. Occasionally, I run across a few want ads that go along one of two lines:

Typical Post I:
I just love how the amounts of money they quote (some as low as $40 adoption or rehoming fees) are so ridiculously low. Like, seriously? A kennel, toys, treats and a bag of kibble will cost you that and then some, not to mention a vet visit. If you're balking at a low adoption fee, how can you really claim you're gonna give the dog a good home? It's scary to me how many people have this attitude out there and are actively seeking to adopt animals, at least in my area. I guess the part that put me over the edge is that it was so obviously not a "i'm a really good person who just wants to take care of animals," but "i'm a really good person who really wants a super trendy pet! WHY WON'T YOU GIVE IT TO ME FOR FREE??"

Typical Post II:
I paraphrased, but yeah, this is seriously an ad. I would love to think it was a joke, but everything about it led me to believe it was not.

Apparently, you can custom order a pre-trained dog and get it for a trial weekend to see if he or she is a good fit with your lifestyle and family. If he s**ts on the rug, it's okay; just take him back to the extraordinary K9 dog loaner unit and get your $100 refund.
I feel you on this one!!! It definitely irritates me...OH, I just want to add those ads that say "I am looking for a dog for my kid for (bday, xmas)" because that is just NOT a good enough reason to get a dog. I see SO MANY ads that rehome due to this...In general, I HATE it when sellers or buyers use a holiday as an excuse to sell/buy a dog. hehe I'm just like you, I like to check out the craigslist pet section
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!