View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
Breezeaway
No Longer a Member

I don't know why this has to be rehashed over and over. Any information one might need is posted on my website or on the parti Yorkshire Terrier club website.
There is no way Linda Bush could trace who the culprit is for all the parti color dogs. Tri-color dogs were showing up in England long before they arrived in the U.S. because the yorkie originated there. As I posted part of the letter I received from Joan Gordon, I will post again for those who did not see it.
"Dear Ms Mullins
Thank you for your letter, I'm glad you enjoyed our books
I must say however that I'm always fascinated by the amount of misinformation that is placed on the computer and even more so when it becomes exaggerated. WE actually had exactly one tri-color puppy born in all the years we bred Yorkies. After my sister died I gave up breeding extensively as it was what we did together. Since Jans death in 1985. I have bred exactly 4 litters and I stopped breeding completely probably 9 or 10 years ago. I could go look it up but I know Katie and Nicky were the last 2 puppies born.
I have shown several dogs that I purchased from others since then.
Our one tri-color puppy was born Dec. 10, 1976 and was a single puppy. His sire was Wildweir Counterspy and his dam was Wildweir Stitch in Time.
His Recorded name Wildweir Triplicate. He was reg with AKC #: TB426843. This was a first litter for either of his parents. We had the bitch spayed and the male neutered and both were placed as pets. I had heard of Yorkies being born in England that were Tri's but "Trippy" was the only one we'd ever seen.
We kept him until he matured. He was born a white dog with black spots and developed his tan marking as he grew up. His black spots turned to blue-gray and his tan markings came out by the time he was around six months. His temperament was all yorkie and size was very typical around 5 1/2 to 6 lbs. His coat was not as wiry as a fox terrier but certainly not as silky as a yorkie. We placed him with friends who had tried to buy him earlier when he was 2 years old and he lived to be 12 years old.
I don't have a problem writing about our "Trippy" but since the others who bred mismarked dogs that I knew about are deceased, I don't believe I can comment on them. I can only hope that they seek the truth and not just rumors!
If they thought Trippy was not a yorkie, why did they register him with AKC.
She also states in her letter that the tri-color was imported into Germany from England. Other colors have always popped up in the yorkie. Joan stated that in the 1930's there was a breeder that was raising golds exclusively and AKC put a cease and desist on him.
The real truth is that they have always existed, No, they are not the standard, we all agree on that but that does not mean that others colors were never born.

The Wildweir dogs do not trace back to Streamglen kennels, She did not know why they got a tri color, it just happens.
In her book she did state that:" "It is not unusual to find small white marks on one or more toes or a fine white line in the lower fore jaw. These will not be visible as an adult. A large amount of white marks on the chest, paws, jaws, or skull, places a yorkie into a tri-color classification and it is very wise to guard against this possibility. Yorkshire terrier puppies can be born of colors that automatically deprive them of the necessary qualities to become the proper colors of the breed. They can be born all black: all tan: tan with black points; tri-color: black, white, and tan; all blue; bluish grey with tan points; and so remain or change to another shade of their newly born colors.

Joan in no way ever stated that partis were not born from 2 traditional color yorkies. What she does say is that these dogs are mismarked and should not be shown. That does does not constitute them being another breed or a mix.
Malcoms book does not anywhere mention a parti yorkie or a Biewer.

Parti yorkies can be born from 2 traditional yorkies, I don't know where you get your misinformation from. Joans "Trippy" was born from 2 regular yorkies.
There are enough books and references that say there were other colors, you cant go around and just pick and choose only the ones you want to believe.
I believe I have as good a source as there is by having it in writing from Joan Gordon herself. No she did not think the line should be carried on when a parti showed up as they were not standard and she refers to them as mismarked. Mismarked , Yes , but still a yorkshire terrier.
You can also go to the big thread mentioned earlier and it tells about the fox and the white suddenly showing up in it. You might want to read that.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!