Thread: Food aggression
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Yes, Tia is showing dominance over Ally. She will even get inbetween me and Ally so Ally can't get to me. She stops her from climbing the pet steps to get up and down from the couch and has to be first at everything (going out the door, greeting people, hugs & kisses from mom and dad). My husband has to hold Tia down so he can give them both hugs and kisses when he comes home from work. Tia is not agressive at this. She just gets in the way. You can tell it's on purpose too.

I do feed them at the same time and I am always there. Tia used to eat hers all, but has slowed way down and doesn't really eat everything. Ally is super picky and thinks it's a chore to eat. They will sniff each other's food, but have their own dish and I point that out to them. There has only been one case of snapping at the food dish when Ally sniffed Tia's food. I can't do the crate thing because Ally would never eat, plus the kennels are upstairs and I don't want to get into moving them up and down the stairs or putting food upstairs either. They do not get lots of treats. I very seldom give them one. Tia must be going thru the terrible teen years. I guess I'll keep up the observation/supervision and show her who the boss is. Is the 'time out' thing okay to do?

Thanks!
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!