Thread: Food aggression
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Its sound like Tia is showing dominance over Ally by taking all her toys and chewies...Is Tia going over to Ally's food bowl and growling at her?...if she is its a dominance thing...and you need to stop it now before it gets ugly and Ally gets hurt...I would feed both dogs at the same time but do it with you inbetween them so if Tia starts to go over to Ally's bowl you can stop her each time with some kind of command like "leave it" and make her go back to her own bowl...I would do the same with the toys....you should pick up all toys and chewies and put them up somewhere that the dogs can't get to and only get them out when you can supervis...same thing if Tia starts to head over to Ally to take her toy/chewie stop her and say "leave it"...its kinda like showing Tia that you dominate not her or Ally but you...it will take sometime and hard work on your part and you must be consistant with the rules and don't let Tia break them not even once...show Tia that you dominate not Ally and in time she will leave Ally alone...I hope this helps...good luck.

and Tia and Ally are just beautiful...love the pic.

Last edited by bellababy08; 12-21-2010 at 06:59 AM.
bellababy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!