View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Default She won't starve herself will she?

I feed both my Shih tzu and Yorkie Wellness Small bites. I free feed them . Suzi my yorkie is long and lean, and could use a couple pounds on her. Her hair has grown out , but she looks thin. SHe will be 3 yeas old in March.
Do they get tired of eating the same thing all the time? I just started to supplement feed Suzi Wellness canned for one meal. It is the organic one Beef, and is loaded with high protein. I am not taking the kibble away and do not want Suzi to only eat canned.
SHould I change to a different kibble, or continue to supplement her feeding? Suzi is very healthy , and groing up we had POms. I remember hearing that a dog will not starve themselves , however I do not think Suzi is eating enough throughout the day.
I did this with my Shih Tzu for about three months because I thought she was not eating enough. Now that her hair has grown out she looks huge . MIley (shih tzu) is a lot heavier then Suzi . They are the same height though.
After feeding canned I see how much more energy they had just after eating.
Thinking about Evo for them.... I prefer kibble as the main diet.
any suggestions?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!