Thread: Food aggression
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Default Food aggression

Tia will turn one year Jan 23rd and is now somewhere over 5 lbs. She was weighed about four/five weeks ago at 5 lbs 3 oz. Ally will turn two years 12/31 at 3 lbs 2 oz. Tia has always been selfish when it comes to toys. She always takes them away from Ally. Ally has learned to drop the toy and run away when she sees Tia coming. Tia is not mean about it, but poor Ally never wins. Ally can pick up one toy and Tia will take it and run, then Ally will pick up another and Tia will grab that one, and so on and so on... I do stop Tia some of the time when I think that it's not a tug-of-war thing. I tell her no and stop her from taking it. Ally is so laid back, she just backs off. Now...I've caught her twice snapping at Ally when it comes to food. They have different dishes, but will sometime go to the same one. Just now, both of them had a bully stick. Ally came up to me looking for hers. I ask her to go find it and she went to Tia, who was in the bed/pillow. Tia started growling/snapping at her. That little girl had both bully sticks and didn't want to share. I told her no and put her in time out. I started using the bathroom as a time out space. Am I doing the right thing. I don't want either of them to get hurt. My baby is getting mean! Please help!

Look at that innocent face!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas 2010 41.jpg (63.8 KB, 22 views)
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!