View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candigirl View Post
I first made a topic about potty training and nipping and can't thank you enough for the tips because the potty training issue is now gone and everything is progressing smoothly in that department. But the issue of nipping has gotten 100 times worse!

She used to nip at hands and feet and i tried an exercise posted on here about how to assert myself as the "alpha" where it was instructed to hold her down by her scruff and body for a few seconds till she submits, also to hold her out in front of me and give her a small shake when she growled. I regret ever doing those exercises because now she's biting me VERY hard on my hands, every time she bites me i have to check to see if she broke the skin.

Also every single time she gets something in her mouth that she's not supposed to have like a slipper or piece of plastic/paper or even a treat that fell if i try to take it from her she turns into cujo, bites EXTREMELY hard to the point of causing marks i swear it's like a rabid dog minus the foam at the mouth, it happened today and my mom was in shock and disbelief and told me to buy gloves.

things i've tried:
saying no= does nothing i don't think she knows that no means bad or stop so she completely ignores that command
yelping=get more excited and bite harder
ignore(put in pen)=whine to be taken out, then when i pick her up bites and growls
physical(hold down/by scruff)=go insane and try to rip my hands off

Another thing is I didn't know much about backyard breeder's and puppy mills etc when i got her, and i now believe she was taken from her mother way too early as when i went to see her at 8 weeks the mother was not there and he told me some excuse about if not registered the mom doesn't need to be present? i didn't really understand but i found out later he has many many ads up selling maltese,maltipoo,shihpoo,yorkies,yorkipoo and thought oh no

It's too late now she's here and i love her with all my heart but i cannot deal with this, btw she's only 12 weeks which shocks me that she can be so vicious , she has 2 sets of shots so i can't take her out for walks just yet

She is 12 weeks old and if you don't stop it now it will only get worse...her biting you is not teething...its her being dominant over you...her telling you to stop it or you aren't getting my toy or food and so on...

when in play if she bites you say NO very loud and mean sounding and put her up in her crate/play yard and stop playing with her for like 10 to 15 minutes....if she is chewing on something and you go to take it from her and she growls at you or bites at you just grab her up...again say NO and put her in her crate/ play yard and leave her alone for 10 to 15 minutes...don't continue to play with her after you tell her no...if she was with mom and her litter mates they would yelp and stop playing with her and that is what you have to do....you have to be consistent with her and the time out or she won't learn...Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!