View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #47
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana911 View Post
I know this is an old thread, my absolutely only take on the crossbreeding as an endeavor to produce a new breed (and I do believe that there is a place in the animal breeding world for doing that) is that it is done usually by one or two breeders, strictly controlled until they produce the results they want and then from that point usually sold from that line only. I believe (possibly erroneously) that Labradoodles were bred for a specific purpose and may actually have a shot one day at being recognized once they can get a particular look standardized. That is the main problem. Standardizing the look, and why serious efforts to ''create'' a new breed is usually done by just one or two breeders working in concert, not a shotgun approach nationwide. Also, I've never heard of serious breeders using more than one name as in '''cutesy''' to distinguish dilutions of line. Even today the Savannah cats (a new breed) is sold as F1, F2, F3 etc... this avoids all confusion on the parts of breeders and buyers. No trying to figure out spelling or having to google to find out if they are interchangeable.

A side note, being in law enforcement for so many years, I can only go on what would be accepted in a court of law, and DNA kits sold online or over the counter would never cut it for animals or humans. The accuracy just would not be reliable enough to be counted on for purposes of law or in my mind for purposes of proven lineage. JMHO. I'm not a scientist but I don't believe that lie detector tests are reliable either, there is a reason they are not allowed in court, as well. So, not bashing, just stating what I believe.
Good points, unfortunately dogs are "cutesy" and even those just petting out their undesirable unbreedable results of the crosses are using methodology that has lead to the designer breed craze...I'd love to see Schnorkies evolve the way Chessies did..but that's too late now. As I said before my vet actually did my DNA breed analysis so it was done by someone more than qualified...but...the test is just not advanced enough to be relied completely beyond a doubt with...about Labradoodles:
Labradoodle History
The History Of The Labradoodle
Amazing how some things can be traced so definitely...and other well not so much.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!