View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #36
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPuppyLove View Post
I dont mean to steal your thread, but I need help determining if I should go with a dog from Lori. I have tried starting a thread about it but it isnt getting posted for some reason, am I doing it wrong? lorislovablepets . com
I would not use this breeder! Her guarantee is basically worthless after 72 hours. She says you must see the vet in 72 hrs and might be able to replace the pup. She does NOT guarantee kennel cough, hernias, cocidia, ear mites, ear infections, worms, floppy ears, fleas, ticks, other parasites. She also does not cover bone or joint issues, going blind or deaf, limping or hernias that occur later. She says she will not be responsible for vet bills, meds, or shipping for any condition. She says there is a 1 year congenital defect guarantee but she doesn't cover any joint or bone conditions which is probably the most common genetic problem with yorkies. She says an example of something covered would be a major organ failure up to one year from date of receipt. Very limiting!

She is planning on breeding 3 pound dogs and justifies it by saying she hopes they put on another pound. You do not try to fatten up a tiny dam to breed them -- you don't breed less than 5 pounds at their regular weight. She advertises teacups everywhere, apple heads, teddy bear faces, etc. She is selling/breeding gold and chocolate yorkies. It appears she breeds gold and chocolate yorkies to parti's and then calls them carriers of whichever side they don't look like. She is breeding curly haired yorkies. She is selling parti-yorkies, yorkies, and maltese. I always get a funny feeling about anyone breeding both yorkies and maltese then coming up with parti-yorkies. She charges more for small sizes and AKC disqualifying colors.

The site just gives an overall feeling of someone out to make a lot of money (Charging $3500 for some of the pups) and not too particular about how they go about doing that. I definately saw NO regard to the AKC standard. In summary -- my opinion is that I would not use the breeder.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!