View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
bamawife
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzbabykel View Post
Hey everyone, I'm getting Oliver neutered next week and I just have a couple questions/concerns:

1) Is 8 months old later than usual to be getting him neutered, I was told he should have had it done at 6 months?

2) Is this going to change his personality or his behavior in any way?

3) How long is the recovery process? This is my first puppy so I just want to make sure I cover all my bases...I know the vet will keep him all day and over night on the day of surgery but should I take off work the following day and take care of him? I'm not sure how they even do the procedure or if stiches are involved.

Any advice would be so helpful thanks! I'm such a worry wort!!
1. I had Raley neutered at 7 1/2 months.

2. His behavior has not changed in any way whatsoever.

3. Recovery time varies. When I went back to pick Raley up I thought (from what I had read so many times) that he was going to be in a lot of pain, etc....Well, he came walking out wagging his tail like nothing had happened!! We had a 4 yr old female spayed at the same time....the only time during the recovery of Raley that I could tell he was uncomfortable was when he would try and play with her. He was a little cautious. He never licked his stitches, etc...NO CONE needed! I gave him motrin the first night he was home at bedtime. Other than that we had absolutely no problems! Prior to being neutured he never lifted his leg to pee and still doesn't! He just turned a year old and to this day has not lifted his leg or marked on anything!

I did allow both of my furbabies to stay at the vet overnight. I did make sure someone would be checking on them, though. In fact, the vet himself is the one who did the checking!

Good luck! I was a basket case prior to the surgery but I do not regret it at all!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!