View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnainohio63 View Post
I need help YT friends. Recently Scooter has been getting mean with Sadie. They tied into a fight last night that was just so bad, he was like a wild animal on her. She is very docile and easy going and he was to up until now. I do not know what to do. I love my Scooter bug and re homing him is out of the question, I would be lost without him, but how can I make him stop. He has done this twice now and it is usually over a treat or a toy. Please help me stop Scooter with his new problem, I know that getting him fixed would help but he is only 4 months old so they wont do it yet. I am just lost on this and could use all the help I can get.
Practice with food aggression, ye that and Dogswell Mellow Mut prior to training-get him mellow and then induce the training. It takes time and punishment (remove him take away the love meaning no attention for bad behavior unless of course its dangerous and you have to jump in) I use puppy time out when my female started bucking the ranks here to be top dog-she is now of course but when she pushed the bounds of aggression she got put in the other room by herself-completely removed . Also don't give the opportunity to fight over food mine all have their own bowl-they know it by scent even after its washed they only eat from their own bowl-I get between them and rub and pet them the first sign of a snarl or growl-you are out of there in the other room without your food for a few minutes...it took Princess a good 10 times before she realized she was just going to be removed and stopped-she is the sneaky food thief now no the food aggressive puppy. MELLOW MUTŪ I use this for car rides, vet visits, big family gatherings, groomers, and every fourth of July! its homeopathic, organic (the chicken is even free ranged) and its reasonably priced and last in the refrigerator for months...totally worth it and safe. Scoobers ate the entire bag one Fourth of July I called the vet freaking out because he was all "stoned" like they laughed said it was totally safe to make sure he drank plenty of water ate normally and I might want to put some cartoons on for him.

Last edited by concretegurl; 12-09-2010 at 12:31 AM.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!