View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #14
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemybaby
I have never heard about these Belly bands, or using Diapers. I just got my Yorkie a few weeks ago. If I use those belly Bands or diapers, will he always have to use them? or will he learn to go on a Pee pee pad. Thanks

You still train your dog to go potty outside or on a pad, the belly bands are just meant to put on your dog when they are just running around the house so you can save your carpet and furniture . This has been my experience so far: Any dog 6weeks to 3 months is just a puppy so they may potty on themselves or in thier cage and not care if they are all messy. BUt once they are a little older like 3months+, dogs really do not like pee on themselves. Therefore, if they wear a diaper of belly band they will learn to hold thier potty until you specify its potty time. So it also makes potty training a lot easier IMO. I personally could never train chloe to use the pee pads so I trained her to go outside. I would take the diaper off and tell her to "potty outside" and let all the dogs into the backyard and they quickly learned what to do. So no you will not alwayas have to use them, they are just for really messy puppies(lets face it puppies will have accidents on your floor and it will take awhile to train them where to potty) and they make a great aid in helping to potty train.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!