View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
LoALAnna
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzbabykel View Post
Hey everyone, I'm getting Oliver neutered next week and I just have a couple questions/concerns:

1) Is 8 months old later than usual to be getting him neutered, I was told he should have had it done at 6 months?

2) Is this going to change his personality or his behavior in any way?

3) How long is the recovery process? This is my first puppy so I just want to make sure I cover all my bases...I know the vet will keep him all day and over night on the day of surgery but should I take off work the following day and take care of him? I'm not sure how they even do the procedure or if stiches are involved.
Any advice would be so helpful thanks! I'm such a worry wort!!
I have found that 8 months is ideal because it gives your pup a chance to loose his baby teeth on his own. If they're not all out, then the vet will take care of them while under during the neuter.
As far as personality or behavior changes, my two boys haven't shown any change at all. The recovery process is very quick! The first couple of days should be quiet, but your boy will let you know his limit, believe me! Also--VERY IMPORTANT--get his pre-op bloodwork done prior. It could save his life!!!
LoALAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!