Thread: Found Arcata CA
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Not sure how I feel about this or what to do considering...Took "new dog" (ye we're trying not to get attached but my son named her that for now-it was better than just dog tho). Well it's Monday I haven't received any response to my craigslist and none of the neighbors knew her, Animal Control didn't open until later in the morning so I called a local vet and took her in to get microchip scanned. She's registered! She is actually a patient of the vet I took her to they gave me the owner's name phone number and address which is actually at the end of my block! The phone number is disconnected so we took a walk down the block when we got home...I realized what house she belongs to, the police were here Saturday (its the only house the police go to in this neighborhood-so I'm like "ugh") Well she must have gotten out right when we found her because the police were there and were leaving and we found her running and took her in about 30 minutes later-no one has been seen at the house in the last few days...they put in the effort to microchip her, she's extremely clean, ears and all no tear stains-knows sit stay and lay down and sits pretty and is a bit over weight-in fact as soon as my BF went to the refrigerator the first time in front of her she sat right behond him, he got food out and she sat pretty (up on her back legs front feet tucked-she never snapped or whined just sat pretty until he snuck her food). She was obviously well cared for and spoiled hence her grooming, behavior and well slight obesity and affinity for people food. Have never seen her walked or seen her period but she lives on my block, obviously an inside dog only as you can see through the fences here. Through the neighborhood grape vine everyone knows the lady who lives there has some pretty serious problems with the teenage son and thus the police are there quite often now...but no one is there now, no one has been there the last few days and the phone number that goes with her microchip is disconnected-obviously we can't just keep her it would be wrong but I feel awkward and am not sure what to do...other than right now I don't actually have to turn her over to Animal Control to fond her owner...but who should I call and what to do next besides just keep fostering her here? Calling the vet back to see if she has any medical needs, that's all I can think of right now.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!