View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

[QUOTE=Maximo;3347311]I agree. My boys' breeder imported their sire and dam from great lines in foreign countries.

No matter what Mexico's laws are regarding vaccinations/exportation, the pups would have to meet US import rules and regs. That's not to say that sick puppies aren't still imported. We can't even control the interstate commerce of sick puppies within our borders. [/QUOT

There are reputable show breeders all over the world...these are not the breeders causing the problems we see...it is the BYBer's who send relatives dogs of questionable breeding and health to resell...
You do not need any vet certs if you bring a litter in the cabin with you...it is easy to put 4 small Yorkies in a carrier...and that is exactly what the vet said the breeder did...visited her family in Brazil, brought back 4 pups with no documents from any vet...pups were 9 weeks, full of hooks worms, lice and ear mites.
I have never been asked for a health document when I take my dogs in the cabin of the plane...I recently sent a Yorkie to the west coast...airline did not ask for health cert..I gave it to the clerk and he said...don't need it, but I will enclose whatever you want to send with the dog...Alaska airlines.

These types breeders are no competion to reputable breeders because the prices are so high...a $1500/1800 pet from a reputable, well known breeder looks like a bargain...and they are grabbed up.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!