View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
But keep in mind foreign country breeders do not have contracts. They will sell to ANYONE. Some have been disfriended by reputable Canadian and US breeders on Facebook because they were selling dogs and puppies advertising on Facebook.
Many buy from foreign countries because reputable breeders in the US and Canada will not sell without contracts and without co ownership. Those that want to just breed do not want contracts and co ownership.
Unfortunately very good US and Canadian show breeders trusted people they should not have that are abroad. And those lines are what breeders who do not want contracts etc in Canada and the US are wanting to get a hold of and do it through Europe, S. America, Mexico.
Some breeders in Europe have quite nice dogs I think but you cannot tell the story from the pictures, you would have to see them, conformation, movement, temperment, size, what is the coat really like. That cannot be discerned from a picture.
Personally, I would never buy a dog from someone that I do not know, haven't seen their dogs myself. I see some pretty sorry representatives of the breed show up in the show rings here that were purchased overseas as show dogs. Show dogs, they are not!
The top kennels in the world all sell without contracts to the US?

I don't know how my boys' breeder went about selecting/purchasing her dogs, but I will say the results were great. When their sire finished his championship, I read observations by other show people who all said he was an excellent representative of the breed. The consensus was that he was deserving.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!