View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #78
yorkielady06
YT 500 Club Member

Sad but true. Some may say they know where all their dogs end up, but after doing it for 5 years, 10 years, and so on there is no way even with just one litter of 3 each year you could follow every single one for the average of 13-15 years these babies live.

I do my best to interview and screen puppy owners but even I have failed in the past. I now do not sell intact puppies. Many dislike that I spay and neuter so early but it is a choice I make and stand behind with my Veterinarian. I know that by doing that at the least they do not end up in puppy mills. I check on my kids and receive calls, pictures, and visits often but still cannot follow each and everyone. I microchip and leave them in my name and have never had a call from a shelter but that may mean nothing.

After doing this one rescue my eyes have been opened even further and some of my naiveness is gone for sure. I was wrong to assume that a member of a kennel club, exhibiting top quality dogs, and being a member on a rescue themselves(some of the large number of dogs had been rescued from bad situations only to end up in the same if not worse) meant something, when in fact it meant nothing. I am thankful to the member of the kennel club that exposed all of this to other kennel clubs up here and reached out for all the help she could find. Without her (Peg) these poor babies would still be in a shed that just got heat, living on chicken wire in rabbit cages, and standing in who knows what, matted, and neglected to this day. So thank you Peg. Thank you Kerrianne and Cathy, and Thank you to the fosters who will help to get you into your furever homes, and thank you Silky, Satin, Lace, BooBoo, Sir, and Torpedo for staying sweet loving creatures even after the terrible things were done to you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!