View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I, 100% believe in free enterprise...but buying a living animal is quite different IMO...much like buying drugs from other countries...there has to be regulations.
If I buy a radio from another country and it doesn't last but a week, I will be irked, but my heart and pocketbook will not be broken.

When animals are sent from countries with no regulations you can wind up with serious problems... just try and get your money or guarantee up held.

My vet said Marzipan and Dallas were the first Yorkies puppies he has seen in a long time that did not have hook worms when they went for their well puppy check...no ear mites and lice. I asked him what kind of breeders he was used to dealing with..and he said a large number were shipped in from SA...and if they charging $300 it might be ok..but to charge $1000 to $3000 is insane...then buyer puts another $1000 into getting them up to par...

Yep and I agree with people having to be careful where they are getting their puppies from. These are not pieces of furniture or electronics but a live animal. Support that sort of 'free enterprise' by buying their puppies from people who import from these foreign countries only keeps them in business. Don't buy them and it will stop it as they will then not have a market.
We have brokers here that import from Brazil, Korea, S. America. Sell for exhorbitant prices like $2000- $3500 and those puppies look like something is very wrong with them. buyer beware, you wont' get your money back and will have to deal with heartbreak watching a puppy die as you and your Vet are helpless to help it.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!