View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #77
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielady06 View Post
It was my pleasure and as an exhibitor and breeder is was my responsibility also. I now know what these rescues and shelters deal with day in and day out. To take in these poor things and for the 2 days I had them, the loving sweet nature and like Cathy said, they appreciate even the basic of needs that you supply them. I remember the first night and just giving them a blanket and love and these poor neglected babies all crawled up on the blankets and had no clue what they were and what they were for. I climbed into the xpen and sat on part of the blankets to get them to understand that they were comfortable and ok to lay on. When I sat there they just climbed on me and the petting began. And with eyes like that how do you stop?
Meeting you Cathy and Kerrianne was wonderful and from the first moment I knew that no matter what anyone says, there are angels among us. You guys ROCK!! and I know you will find those furever homes that these diamonds in the ruff deserve!
One day barely touches the scope of rescue and rehabilitation of a saved dog, especially a mill dog. To learn these came from a show kennel just infuriates me. I hope as a breeder and exhibitor you will spread the word about these show people so that they become shunned by their club at the very least! IMO they should be made to be accountable for their actions.

Breeding for the perfect should not go hand in hand with tossing those that do not make the cut into the back kennel (or to a rescue) to be left with a partial jaw, hernia, no teeth at 5 years old, unspayed, unvetted, unvaccinated and the list goes on and on.

I too hope these dogs go on to a wonderful life and like Roseslevi will hope to see updates on the YorkiesInc website. I am thankful that kerri and Cathie of YorkiesInc were able to take all of these dogs because as you saw, rescues are FULL and resources few, shelters dont have room, and the problem is a huge societal problem as a whole. ANY breeder who thinks their dog won't end up in a rescue is just a fool IMO.

I will spread the word around here in RI to see if there are any good homes that could apply to adopt one of these babies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!