View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
luvmymonkies
Donating YT Addict

Default False pregnancy?

I took Maddie to the Vet today to find out how many puppies she had. There was no sign of any pups. I am a little sad and also a little happy. I didn't want her to have puppies so young, but ever since my doc told us she would be perfectly fine and that she was healthy and big enough, I have been preparing with excitement. BUT THERE WAS NOTHING! She may have a false pregnancy. There were a few little spots that we saw that could be something forming. The only thing is that there was only ONE time that they were "stuck" together by accident. I have been timing her pregnancy from that date. As far as I know, there was NO action after that day. Her heatbeat was normal (which he said her heartbeat would be faster if she were pregnant) and he didn't find any trace of heartbeat for any pups. Oh well. I think that if it is false, having pups will be much healthier for her on her 2nd heat (at least). Has anyone gone through this? Also, Monkey is trying to mount her again for the first time since that date. He started doing this yesterday after I picked them up from the groomer's. Any thoughts on that?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!