View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
brutas
Yorkie Talker

Default 11 Month Old with a Cough

Ok lets try this again, some how my post didn't go through.

I have read and browsed many threads about coughs. Two nights ago she coughed a few times, didn't think much of it only b/c she had been playing and I just had her hair cut. It was a little short and made her itch a bit so I thought it had something to do with that.

I groom her myself, she is up to date with all her shots, she doesn't interact with any other dogs or animals for that matter, besides my fish but they don't count, ha.

She coughed enough earlier that I had to start her a steam shower and we sat in that bathroom till we both were too hot, the steam seemed to help. My vet is closed Sunday and I am not sure I will be able to get her there tomorrow. I will be able to get her there Monday, but until then is there something I can do to help her feel better, she seems to have a congested cough that bothers her when she gets worked up plays, or runs around. Would it be ok if I added some Vicks to the water when I give her some more steam?

She doesn't have a runny nose and isn't lethargic. Right now she is layin in her bed on an electric blanket.

Thanks in advance to all those that take the time to read this post and share any information they have and also I promise I will keep you all posted of her status.
brutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!