View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
UrbanYorkie
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyja View Post
Hi everyone!

I just received an adult Yorkie(about 3-4 years old). He came from a broken home with an owner who was a drug addict(female) and also had a mental disorder.

I took him in just a few days ago, not knowing any of his history. I'm actually not sure if he is a full breed Yorkshire-but the vet and many others seem to clasify him as one. He seems a bit tall compared to the Yorkies I have seen. I will post a picture of him when I first received him.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2yxkv1s.jpg

He is so sweet, very hyper/jumpy/jittery. He seems to bark at all men, he is not neutered, and he had fleas which we are currently treating.

I had to have his hair cut very short due to the matted hair and fleas. I am feeding him Eukanuba(which is what I was recommended but have read is not a good choice)

I want the best for him.

Do you have any tips for a new dog owner?

Does he look like a yorkie?

What are some good brands of food for him? Also, do I need yorkie specific food, or just small breed?

What shampoo/conditioner do you use for your dog?

Is he at an ok age for behavior classes?

Thank you!
Hello Mandyja,

Welcome to Yorkie Talk.

I can help you with a few advice, if I may. He does look like a Yorkie, may be on the taller side. You can feed him Yorkshire 28, a food for adult Yorkies by Rotyal Canin. It is full of good neutrients. Also if you have him neutered, it will help calm him down.

It is also best to take him for behaviour training and maybe take him with you to various places to socialized. If he came from a broken home, chnaces are that he may not have had enough interaction with the outside world.

I use Crown Royal Shampoo and Conditioner. You need to dilute it with 1 oz shampoo/conditioner to 16 oz water. You can get it from most show groom websites.

If you need any more information, please feel free to contact me.

Good luck!
UrbanYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!