View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #37
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
I understand what you're saying, but there is the possibility with some breeders not offering AKC papers, because the litter itself wasn't registered.

FYI and not for you Debra. When a litter is registered with AKC, AKC returns papers on individual pups with the registration # and a number following it, i.e. TR123456/01, TR123456/02, etc.

Now I've also heard of unscrupulous breeders having a couple of litters one not AKC and the other is....and registering the non AKC pups with the AKC pups.......So, if there is a pup in question, an owner can always go back to AKC and file a complaint.....DNA will be run on the litter.
I guess there are always some who will circumvent the system regardless. I don't understand why they would even want to risk these antics. When you look at the overall cost of breeding, cutting cost by breeding a non-AKC dog along with AKC dogs just is not smart! Saving an initial cost of buying that non-AKC dog, instead of another AKC registered dam can't save much in the long run. But maybe in addition to being without scruples and morals they are also without brains to think it through. One DNA test comes back showing them falsifying records, and they wind up losing all credibility, all AKC rights, and all good name which is bound to cost them more $$ in the long run than they ever saved by cheating.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!