Thread: Bon Voyage!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #12
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleegirl24 View Post
I looked at the ship and its very luxurious, but what I read says something about kennels on the top deck and you have so many hours a day with your dog and then it's returned to the kennels. Doesn't sound like something I would want. A whole bunch of dogs and cats in kennels while everyone else runs around the ship enjoying themselves. Hmmm, not sure that's what I would want. I mean, a couple of hours a day on a huge ship! What about at night...in a kennel! I don't think so...
That's because the reason for allowing the pets on board isn't so that you can have a vacation with your pet. If you notice, they don't allow the pets on all the time, like when they are hopping from port to port all around Europe. They only allow pets the trans-Atlantic voyages, like the leg from New York to Paris. There are people that take one-way cruises across to Europe and stay there a while, and others that go from Europe to the US and stay here for a long visit. Some have homes on both continents. The kennel on Cunard gives them a way to transport their pets without having to fly them on a plane in cargo.

I can't see a cruise line ever opening up to having pets on board that can stay with passengers in their rooms. Dogs gotta go when they've gotta go. Where are they going to do that? I see enough people at the dog park and in my neighborhood that don't pick up after their dogs, the cruise ship would soon become a cruise-sh1t. Even responsible owners can't walk around with paper towels and Nature's Miracle. Poop bags, maybe. And all of those dogs smelling where another has gone and trying to mark over it! I've seen both males and females do that.

Now, if you got enough $$$$, you could always go the Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton route. Because of the strict quarantine laws in England (6 months in quarantine for your pooch in order to bring them in), when they were over there they would just park a yacht off of the coast and stay there with her Malteses.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!