View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #35
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crete456 View Post
Cavalier advice?...I have bred and showed...And have learned from some of the best...one being 60 years of breeding experience...one being at Westminster...I challenge your qualifications against mine anyday...Where did you get your Master's in genetics?...So none of you pups have ever been diseased because you isolated all its markers, WOW!!!...I produced a so called boxer "CHAMPION" from a pup I found in the newspaper in 99...my sister produced three so called "CHAMPION"s Salukies and paid no more than $500 for them...whelped many litters and sold pups for cost...no profit...because that is the right thing to do...You breed for the love of the breed and not to make a profit...so others can enjoy...give and it shall be given...what is more rewarding...sell a pup to a not so fotunate family so that they won't have to absorb an un healthy pups costs...or sell to someone that $1600 is a drop in the bucket who only cares of the label you placed upon this pup...
Let's me say this again, I don't breed to fulfill a pet market. And again, I only have to answer to my Maker, myself and clients. So, I'll not answer to what I do on a public forum. But, for those that know me, know what I'm about.

It's sad that what you put forth as information is not the norm. So, you are only encouraging BYBers in their quest for a quick fix into the breeding arena.

By the way I was an RN. And will offer that, I did study genetics....It was one of the many things my mentor required of me before allowing me to have one of her dogs. And yes, she's had dogs in Westminster too. Some of the top winning dogs. Oh! In answer to your question, no I haven't produced a dog with disease or afflictionn, that's the benefit of starting with a good foundation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!