View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #15
crete456
Currently Suspended!

Respectfully...No one still has said anything about my first reply...My sister showed three Salukis to championship and not ONE cost more than $500...the bitch I purchased is of quality, temperament, very sound bitch...I paid no where near $1000...and by the way one probably couldn't purchase a pup for $1000 from a show breeder...I was at a show in October and just happened to ask a show breeder what she charges for a PET quality pup...starting at $1600!!!!!...I know of a boxer breeder who has championed a lot of boxers asking tens of thousands of dollars for a show dog...if I'm spending $10000 for a pup she(he) better take out the garbage,do the dishes and laundry,drive me to work:0)...you all said that $1000 is a drop in the bucket...bless you all...because in this economy and where I'm from $1000 is a lot of money...by the way I know I'm 53 but I'm up for adoption from any of you ladies...There are tons of puppy mills in Pennsylvania not to far from where I live...one can pick up a pup for around $600...I've bred and showed boxers...I know the show game also...stacking the deck...show people know what I mean...and this notion that because one tests and show there dogs that the puppy purchaser has to absorb these costs...it's a personal choice to show a dog, and test there dogs...no one pays my vet bills...and last is that there is now way you can tell me that by line breeding, your dogs are free from congenital/hereditary diseases...if you can then you belong working in research...there would be no cancers, diabetes, etc...What you can do is spay or neuter a dog or bitch if there shown to have a hereditary disease that can be passes on...and breed for standard so that the physical mechanics are sound...
crete456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!