View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #10
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crete456 View Post
Your reply only reinforces what I said in my response...nowhere do you comment that what advice I gave was helpful...only defending breeders...I'll say this...The median household income in the USA is $46,326...whom do you know can afford a puppy for $1000 and up?...that's why theres puppy mills...IMHO this is a major contributor of puppy mills...

I'm not and never would be a breeder. I'm just a pet owner and I'd like to think of myself as good pet owner for various reasons.

My little puppy mill dog Daisy has cost me over $30,000 over her lifetime of medical bills so you get what you pay for. Going the pet store / puppy mill route is never a good route nor is a BYB.

As for people who can't afford a $1,000 and up puppy - are you serious? My puppy mill dog cost me $1,100 in the year 2000 from a pet store. The sick one was free, or $30,000, depending on how you look at it.

I think it is more helpful to educate people on the costs of yorkie care and health and the breed than to send them to a breeder who will charge them less but over the lifetime of the dog they will pay. I sure did (and keep paying!!).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!