View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crete456 View Post
Your reply only reinforces what I said in my response...nowhere do you comment that what advice I gave was helpful...only defending breeders...I'll say this...The median household income in the USA is $46,326...whom do you know can afford a puppy for $1000 and up?...that's why theres puppy mills...IMHO this is a major contributor of puppy mills...
Your question whom do I know that can afford $1,000 and up. Quite a few people.

Puppy Mills as you say sell to Pet Stores who in turn sell pups on the average of $1,800.00 and up. Pups that for the most part have not been quality bred. Read the countless theads on this forum alone of sick dogs owned by people that have gone this route.

The major contributor to puppy mills is due to our instant gratification, uneducated buyers. Those that haven't done their homework, fall in love with that cute puppy and aren't all puppies cute.

This same topic of conversation was discussed this last weekend at the National. Newbies entering the world of dogs that want instant gratification and aren't willing to do the time. Only want to breed and really haven't done their homework, found a mentor that is knowledgable in everything yorkie with the passion for the breed.

Quality bitches from the newspaper, I don't think so. Unless you've followed her offspring through the years, her offsprings, offspring, you can't know if she's a quality bitch. Nothing can replace those breeders that have been doing this for years, have put in countless hours of time, blood, sweat and tears in producing healthy dogs......know their lines and have proven their lines in the dog world. To them it's not about money, it's about improving the breed. And until one does what the do, have every dog they breed registered through the CHIC Foundation, then you aren't doing it correctly.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!